- A notice or notices shall be displayed in and at the entrance to the premises where they can be clearly seen and read and shall indicate that it is unlawful for persons under 18 to purchase alcohol or for any person to purchase alcohol on behalf of a person under 18 years of age.
- All staff shall receive training to prevent under age sales of alcohol. All staff received regular refresher training to prevent underage sales.
- A refusals book shall be maintained to record all challenges and refused sales to persons who cannot comply with the above conditions.
- All persons who appear to be under the age of 25 years shall be required to produce proof of age by way of the following:
- A recognised proof of age card accredited under the British Retail Consortiums Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS)
- Photo driving licence
- Citizen card supported by the Home Office
- Official ID card issued by HM Forces or European Union Member State bearing a photograph and birth date of the holder
Cllr Clare Cleary is chair of the Licensing Committee which deals with applications of this nature.